I am Steve Ashley, an attachment-based, psychoanalytic psychotherapist, now living and working on the Costa Blanca.
* I am a registered member of the U.K. Council for Psychotherapy, a body that ensures the depth and quality of therapist training on an ongoing basis. UKCP insists on annual renewal of individual psychotherapist registration to ensure that adequate continuous professional development is undertaken and that standards of ethical conduct in on-going therapeutic practice have been maintained.
* In August 2005, as a result of my qualifications and experience, I was awarded registered status with the European Association of Psychotherapy.
* In September 2008 I was awarded the status of Licenciado en Psicologia by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation in Madrid (Credential number 2008/H13029).
* I have more than 10 years experience of psychotherapy, and been both individual and group coach to corporate business in the U.K.
* I hold and Honours degree in psychology and sociology
* Building on my degree in psychology and sociology, and after some time with The Samaritans, I trained for 4 years at the Centre for Attachment-based Psychoanalytical Psychotherapy (CAPP) in Hampstead, London, which seeks to make psychotherapy available to people regardless of issues around class, ethnicity and sexual orientation.
In 2003 I had the opportunity to spend a year on The Costa Blanca which I took. At the end of the 12 months, I decided to stay, making a home in Altea La Vella, which is where we might work together, but I also operate a weekly practice in L'Alfaz del Pi and in Benijofar, in the south of The Costa Blanca.